Friday, January 15, 2010

the 1st assignment



My first venture into the world of blogging. This started off as a series of assignments my art buddies and I began this past week. This was my end result. I have a couple more sketches that i'll post at a later date. Maybe when I am able to type faster I will write more about the posts themselves. I don't like the static pose of this one. I started with the head of this creature and liked that so much I just kept going. I'll save her for something special in the future. Thanks for checking it out, see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Don't take this the wrong way, but the head reminds me of Mew II from Pokemon (yes, I just made that reference. *smirk* ). This is not a bad thing, mind.

    http://images3.makefive.com/images/200826/68c3d2d492c8173a.jpg <= I'm not insane?

    Anyway, the static pose kind of works for this. The detailing on the skin and wings makes it look like it's made of stone, rather like a menacing Guardian of Doom. One of these is more than welcome to guard my refrigerator from the Coke thieves. :)

    ReplyDelete